Reporting to the Tax Partners and the Tax Senior Manager, the candidate will be responsible for supporting the tax department with tax compliance, consulting engagements, internal and external training and technical research.
Grewal Guyatt LLP offers a competitive salary and benefits package with opportunities for additional career advancement.
- Report directly to the tax partners and tax manager.
- Prepare and review personal tax returns, corporate tax returns, estate tax returns, and partnership returns.
- Prepare compilation engagements for complex clients.
- Participate in income tax consulting engagements including corporate reorganizations, estate litigation and other general tax planning.
- Liaise with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues.
- Prepare election forms required in corporate reorganizations.
- Research client issues that arise from compliance or planning work.
- Correspond with compliance team members and clients in response to specific corporate tax queries.
- Assist with internal training and external marketing initiatives.
- CPA or CA designation.
- Currently enrolled or having recently completed CPA Canada In Depth Tax Course.
- Strong technical background in Canadian income tax with experience in tax research and memo writing.
- Strong computer literacy including Caseware, TaxPrep, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.