Posted 1 month ago
|Company Description: |
Grewal Guyatt LLP (“Grewal Guyatt”) is a prominent Professional Services firm based out of Richmond Hill, Ontario that specializes in Assurance, Accounting, Estate Planning, Tax Consulting, Forensics, Advisory, Business Valuations and Litigation Support Services.
Grewal Guyatt has experienced exponential growth over the past several years through organic expansion of service lines and strategic acquisitions. Our clients include high net worth families, real estate developers, fintech companies, medical, dental, and legal professionals, nationally recognized organizations, professional athletes, and various not-for-profit entities. The strength of our people has allowed us to provide quality service to our clients that is competitive with the most well-known accounting firms.
We recognize that the growth of our firm is attributable to our people, and we reward our team members by providing attractive compensation and supporting career development. As we continue our growth trajectory, we will continue to develop our team members into future leaders of the firm.
At Grewal Guyatt, we embrace individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and we cultivate inclusion through our commitment to a respectful, approachable, and open-door environment. Some of the perks of working for Grewal Guyatt include 3+ weeks vacation, hybrid work model, an annual performance bonus, and more.
|Role and Responsibilities: |
– Lead tax consulting engagements including corporate reorganizations, estate freezes, estate litigation and other general tax planning.
– Research and analyze technical tax topics.
– Review tax models to illustrate the potential tax savings from proposed tax plan.
– Review tax compliance and election forms arising out of tax planning engagements.
– Assist in reviewing legal documents from tax perspective to implement proposed reorganization.
– Review special forms such as applications for the Voluntary Disclosure Program and request for a clearance certificate.
– Provide training and support service to the compliance department on tax related topics.
– Present research finding by either verbal or written communication in a professional manner.
– Assist in writing bi-weekly tax articles for internal and external use.
– Work closely with other departments to assist clients with varies professional services need.
– Tax lead on small and medium sized tax consulting engagements.
– Provide daily guidance and coaching and develop the tax knowledge of more junior tax team members.
– Provide timely, high quality, exceptional service to our clients.
– Develop a professional and productive relationship with existing and potential clients, auditors, and GG staff.
– Ensure all procedures are, without exception, followed accurately and consistently, and proper backups are included.
– Create and implement division Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
– Deliver KPI results to Managing Partners and Executive team.
– Enter time and expenses daily in CCH.
– Utilize monday.com and stay on top of assigned tasks.
– Meet target billable hours and engage in business development activities.
– Certified Public Accounting (CPA) designation.
– Certification of CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course.
– 8+ years’ experience in public accounting practice with a specialization in tax, preparing and reviewing personal, corporate and trust returns, estate tax planning, corporate reorganizations, and dispute resolution.
– Strong technical background in Canadian income tax with experience in tax research and memo writing.
– Demonstrated understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts and effective application of tax knowledge to client situations.
– Proficient in the use of CCH (Tax Prep), CaseWare, MS Office Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
– Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills.
– Highly responsive to client needs, and able to develop and maintain effective client working relationships.
– Proven strong project management and organizational skills.
– Ability to stay organized and meet tight deadlines.
|Why work for GG? |
– Competitive compensation package
– Company paid benefits package
– Career growth opportunities
– Education Assistant Program
– 3+ weeks vacation
– Hybrid work environment
– Annual performance bonus
– Divisional rewards plan
– Client Referral Commission
– Social events
– Specialty division opportunities for progression
Comments are closed.