We are currently looking to hire for the position of Manager/Senior Manager – Taxation.
Reporting to the Tax Partners, the Manager/Senior Manager will be responsible for supporting the tax department with consulting engagements, tax litigation matters, internal and external training, technical research, tax scheduling and communication with clients and counsel.
Grewal Guyatt LLP offers a competitive salary and benefits package with opportunities for additional career advancement.
- Report directly to the tax partners;
- Participate in income tax consulting engagements including corporate reorganizations, estate litigation, mergers and acquisitions, life insurance planning and other general tax planning;
- Liaise with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues;
- Prepare election forms required in corporate reorganizations;
- Research client issues that arise from compliance or planning work;
- Correspond with team members and clients in response to specific corporate tax queries;
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports;
- Recognize and analyze problems, propose sound alternatives and conclusions;
- Assist with internal training and external marketing initiatives;
- Supervise and mentor staff, including review of tax files to ensure the firm’s standard of quality and accuracy is met; and
- Manage project financials (budgets, WIPS, timely billing, etc.)
- CPA, CA designation;
- Completion of CPA Canada In Depth Tax Course is required;
- 1-2 years of post-In Depth Tax Course experience;
- Management experience with a focus on planning is required;
- Experience preparing and reviewing domestic tax compliance;
- Strong technical background in Canadian income tax with experience in tax research and memo writing;
- Experience in cross-border transaction is considered an asset;
- Strong computer literacy including Caseware, TaxPrep, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles