Grewal Guyatt LLP is a full-service professional services firm based out of Richmond Hill in the GTA that specializes in estate planning, tax consulting, business valuations and litigation support services.
Grewal Guyatt LLP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package with opportunities for career advancement. Interested candidates should possess a strong track record in professional services, and a motivation to work in a dynamic environment. The role will be challenging, but the candidate will be well-supported by a highly experienced team that is enthusiastic about training and supporting their people.
At Grewal Guyatt LLP we embrace individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and we cultivate inclusion through our commitment to a respectful, approachable, “open-door” environment. This includes flexible working hours, and hybrid remote-working options, because we understand that the work is important, but so is balance.
The role of Human Resources Manager is the first of its kind for Grewal Guyatt LLP to help the organization plan and implement key HR programs, policies and processes as it prepares for continued growth and expansion. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, professional services team.
Reporting to the Managing Partners, the successful candidate will be responsible for building an HR function from the ground up by helping to attract and retain talent by providing recruitment support, supporting certain payroll processes with the finance department, providing operational support and advisory services to the team, and providing dedicated support in one or more of the following areas: health & safety, scheduling, and other special projects that may arise on occasion.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing and hiring of qualified job applicants
- Onboard new employees and ensure all required processes and documentation have been completed
- Respond to routine inquiries from employees regarding various HR policies and procedures
- Assist with the development and maintenance of best practice HR policies in conjunction with external consultants
- Assist with the development and maintenance of job descriptions for all positions
- Maintain training processes for partners and managers to create best practices for mentoring, performance discussions and disciplinary matters
- Monitor training status of employees and schedule training as required
- Schedule and maintain employee performance evaluations
- Hear and resolve employee grievances and providing the necessary counseling
- Work with leaders to manage employee relations issues and termination of employees in accordance with company policy and employment related legislation
- Stay current with technical knowledge of HR practices and policies through ongoing professional development courses
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits
- Management of confidential HR related records
Health & Safety
- Review and revise as required Health & Safety policies
- Gather all pertinent information from Employee Accident/Incident and Investigation forms
- Collaborate with team members to complete Workplace Safety and Insurance board (WSIB) forms and/or correspondence, as required
- Coordinate employee leaves and vacation for each department
- Provide payroll information including leaves and overtime to finance department to facilitate payroll
- Ensuring compliance with firm policies for leaves
Education, Training & Experience
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Business Administration (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation (CHRP) is an asset
- Three (3) to five (5) years job related experience in a related Human Resources role.
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development)
- Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures
- Knowledge and application of relevant legislation (e.g., Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA), Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB), Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities(AODA), etc.)
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to analyze information and problem-solve
- Self-directed with an ability to organize, plan, prioritize, and work independently as well as part of a team
- Consulting and influencing skills
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Adept in the use of MS Office applications (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Flexible, adaptable, and responsive to change
- Strong data entry skills with attention to detail and accuracy
If this sounds like a good fit, we encourage you to send your resume and reach out to learn more. We look forward to hearing from you.
Note: If you’re unable to submit your application via this online form, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.