Manager/Senior Manager – Taxation
We are currently looking to hire for the position of Manager/Senior Manager – Taxation.
Reporting to the Tax Partners, the Manager/Senior Manager will be responsible for supporting the tax department with consulting engagements, tax litigation matters, internal and external training, technical research, tax scheduling and communication with clients and counsel.
Grewal Guyatt LLP offers a competitive salary and benefits package with opportunities for additional career advancement.
- Report directly to the tax partners;
- Participate in income tax consulting engagements including corporate reorganizations, estate litigation, mergers and acquisitions, life insurance planning and other general tax planning;
- Liaise with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues;
- Prepare election forms required in corporate reorganizations;
- Research client issues that arise from compliance or planning work;
- Correspond with team members and clients in response to specific corporate tax queries;
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports;
- Recognize and analyze problems, propose sound alternatives and conclusions;
- Assist with internal training and external marketing initiatives;
- Supervise and mentor staff, including review of tax files to ensure the firm’s standard of quality and accuracy is met; and
- Manage project financials (budgets, WIPS, timely billing, etc.)
- CPA, CA designation;
- Completion of CPA Canada In Depth Tax Course is required;
- 1-2 years of post-In Depth Tax Course experience;
- Management experience with a focus on planning is required;
- Experience preparing and reviewing domestic tax compliance;
- Strong technical background in Canadian income tax with experience in tax research and memo writing;
- Experience in cross-border transaction is considered an asset;
- Strong computer literacy including Caseware, TaxPrep, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
Manager/Senior Manager – Valuations
We are currently looking to hire for the position of Senior Manager.
Reporting to the Business Valuation and Litigation Support Partner, the Senior Manager is responsible for management of each engagement including planning/methodology, communications with clients and counsel, financial research, review and analysis of documents, conducting and leading meetings with clients, supervision/oversight of junior staff, and supporting marketing initiatives of the practice. The ideal candidate will also have experience in forensic matters. Grewal Guyatt offers a competitive salary and benefits package with opportunities for additional career advancement.
- Assist in engagement planning including identification of key issues, methodology and budgeting
- Oversight of information requests and productions
- Analyze financial information
- Prepare financial analysis and models
- Conduct research for reports
- Communicate with clients and counsel
- Prepare expert reports for business valuation, damage claims or forensic accounting
- Delegate work to team members and supervise to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Management of team members to ensure quality of work product
- Assist with internal training and external presentations
- Must possess CPA and CBV designations.
- A designation in the area of forensics (CFE, CFF) is an asset, but not required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the areas of business valuation and/or litigation support
- Track record of well-written reports and correspondence prepared for litigation purposes
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, counsel, or other
- Ability to provide practical solutions to complex problems
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented and possess well-developed project management
We offer a wide range of valuation and related services, including:
- Litigation support in the areas of estates and family law, shareholder disputes, general
commercial litigation, insurance claims, and personal injury.
- Valuations in the context of corporate reorganizations; estate planning assignments; management
buy outs; going private transactions (fairness opinions); formal valuations; shareholder and employee
share purchases, etc.,
- Fair value for financial reporting.
- Corporate finance – valuations in connection with the purchase and sale of business interests, due
diligence services (quality of earnings reports), and assisting both purchasers and sellers in the negotiation
of terms for the purchase.